Installing the Voyager 240 - Mac OS 10.x
Before installing your Voyager 240 Router, please see the document Getting Started with the Voyager 240 Router.
1. To connect your computer to the Ethernet socket of the Voyager 240 Router:
- Attach one end of the grey Ethernet cable to the Ethernet socket at the back of the Router.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Ethernet/Network Interface Card (NIC) socket of the computer.
If the computer cannot find the router, leave for a few minutes and try again. If this does not solve the problem, restart the computer with the router plugged in and try again.
2. Configuring your Network Settings.
From the Apple menu, open System Preferences
3. Click on Network. The Network window opens.
Note: If the New Port Detected window appears, click OK.
4. Click on the drop down menu Show.
Select Built-in Ethernet.
5. Select the TCP/IP Tab.
Click on the drop down menu Configure.
Select the option Using DHCP.
In the DNS Servers box enter the following details.
Click Apply now and close the window. Configuration is now finished.
6. Your Voyager 240 Router is pre-configured for UK Consumer Broadband services using NAT and Dynamic IP address allocation (PPPoA and VC MUX). The only settings you need to configure into your Voyager 240 are the Broadband User Name and Password provided by us.
7. To set or update your Broadband connection settings, open your web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 into the URL address box. Then press the Enter or Return key.
The Configuration Manager opens at the Quick Start page.
8. If a dial-up screen appears when trying to connect to the Internet, you will need to follow these steps to set-up your browser to stop dialling a connection.
- From the dock or Apple menu, open System Preferences and click on Network.
- Click on the drop down menu Show.
- Select your dial-up modem from the list.
- Select the PPP tab.
- Click the button PPP Options...
- Deselect the option Connect automatically when needed.
- Click OK, then Apply to save the settings.
9. If the Quick Start page does not open after installation, make sure that your computer is set to obtain an IP address automatically as follows. If it is set correctly, restart your computer then try again.
- From the dock or Apple menu, open System Preferences and then click on Network.
- In the Show drop down menu, select Ethernet Adapter (en1) if you are using a USB connection, or Built-in Ethernet if you are using an Ethernet connection.
- Select the TCP/IP tab.
- In the Configure drop down menu, select the option Using DHCP.
- Click Apply Now to save your settings.
- Restart your computer.
10. Make sure that your Broadband service is ready by checking that the DSL light is ON and steady.
Enter your Broadband User Name and Password into the Broadband User Name and Password fields on the Quick Start screen.
11. Click Connect. The Voyager 240 will now connect you to our Internet service and the Quick Start screen will change to show the connection status. If at any time you wish to disconnect from your Internet service, simply click the Disconnect button.
If you cannot browse the Internet, click Disconnect, then follow steps above again.
With your Voyager 240 Router, your broadband connection is always-on and you do not have to dial-up to initiate the connection. Simply start your Internet browser and surf the Internet. That's it!
12. For information on Internet security for the Voyager 240 Router, please refer to the following document:
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.