Internet security - Voyager 240
Configuration Manager admin password
Change your Voyager Configuration Manager password (default admin):
- Start your Internet browser and browse to http://192.168.1.1/ to open the configuration manager.
- Click Advanced | System | Admin Password in the menu.
- If prompted, enter your Configuration Manager access password (factory default is admin for both user name and password)
- Enter and confirm the new 'admin' password.
- Click Apply to save your new settings.
Use sensible network security
- Set network passwords and change them regularly. See your computer's instructions.
- Use a good quality antivirus software to protect your computers. Update it regularly with latest virus upgrades.
- If you enable file sharing on your computer, you should not share your system files and should protect shared folders with a password. See your computers instructions for information on setting up file sharing.
- If carrying sensitive information (e.g. corporate environment), you should use VPN (Virtual Private Network) type technology to protect your data. Follow guidelines from your company's network administrator.
Most consumer broadband services in the UK are able to use NAT (Network Address Translation). This allows you to connect one or more computers to the Internet through a suitable modem or router. The Voyager 240 modem has NAT enabled by default and you should not have to change any settings to benefit from NAT.
Using NAT also means that a computer does not have an IP address associated with it from the outside world, effectively stopping direct intrusions onto your computer(s).
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.