Norton security users - Time-out errors
Symantec, the manufacturers of the Norton Security products, have identified a problem which is causing customers to get the following errors when sending and/or receiving email:
- "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server error messages, network error messages, or a long period of inactivity. Account: Madasafish, POP3 Server: mail.madasafish.com Error Number: 0x800ccc0f"
- "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. Account: Madasafish, POP3 Server: mail.madasafish.com Error Number: 0x800ccc0f"
- "XIMS: Outlook Express POP3, Error 0x800ccc0e, Socket Error 10061"
- "The connection to the server has failed. Account Madasafish, server, mail.madasafish.com, protocol, port 110, 0x800ccc0e"
- "A time-out occurred while communicating with the server... 0x800ccc19"
The solution to this problem is to make some changes to the Norton software that you are using. The solution and a more detailed explanation can be found at the following link:
If the solution given does not resolve your problem please contact Symantec's technical support on 020 7616 5813 who will offer more detailed support.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.