It's as important to create a password that's as hard to guess as it is easy for you to remember!
- Good passwords:
- Are at least six characters long. The longer the password the harder it is to guess.
- Do not contain your real name or company name.
- Contain a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Are changed regularly.
- Bad passwords:
- Use a common word. Believe it or not, the most common password is 'password'. Whilst ironic, this is quite easily exploited.
- Something that is easy to figure out just by knowing a little about you. For example: Spouse's name, favourite football team, or your pet's name.