The Importance of microfilters
Why do I need microfilters?
- Microfilters allow you to browse the Internet at high speeds and use the phone at the same time. Without microfilters, you may still be able to connect, but your speeds will not be as high and your connection will be unreliable.
What does a microfilter do?
- With broadband, you have two services operating over the same phone line, ordinary voice calls and your broadband service. The microfilter splits the frequency being sent through your phone line into two separate signals, a low frequency analogue voice signal and a high frequency digital broadband signal.
- Without a microfilter in place the two signals will interfere with each other. This means that if your phone rings, you may lose your broadband connection and have to re-connect.
How many microfilters will I need?
- You will need a microfilter installed on every telephone socket in use, including phones, fax machines, satellite TV boxes and alarm systems. Including the one your modem/router is connected to, you can have a maximum of 4 phone sockets in use per phone line.
- If you have an alarm system connected to the phone line, we recommend you contact the manufacturer directly for advice on the correct installation of a microfilter.
How many microfilters are included with my hardware?
- Microfilters may be included with the modems/routers supplied by Madasafish. Additional microfilters can be ordered during the sign up process or by contacting Customer Services.
What will happen if I don't use microfilters?
- You will experience slower connection speeds.
- Your broadband service will be unreliable.
- You may lose your broadband connection if your telephone rings.
- A microfilter is often overlooked because of its size but it is extremely important if you want to achieve the highest possible speed and stable connection.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.