Getting started - Voyager 2091
1. Before installing your Voyager 2091 Router, it is imperative that:
- Your telephone line has been configured for Broadband and has been activated.
- You have your Broadband Username and Password.
- If you are replacing an existing Broadband modem, it must be unplugged from your line and uninstalled from your computer.
- Your computer meets the minimum specification required.
2. Please ensure that you have the following items in the Voyager 2091 box:
- One Voyager 2091 Router
- Two Broadband microfilters
- One yellow Ethernet Cable (RJ-45)
- One blue USB cable
- One grey Broadband Line Cable (RJ-11)
- One power supply
- CD with User Guide
- Foldout Quick Start Guide
3. Plug a microfilter into every telephone socket that has telephony equipment attached to it (e.g. phone, fax, answering machine, caller ID, cordless base, skybox)
Connect your existing telephony equipment to the Phone socket of the microfilter.
4. To install the Voyager 2091:
- Locate the Voyager 2091 near a phone socket on your Broadband line
- Plug the Power Supply and the grey Broadband Line Cord into the sockets on the back of the Voyager 2091 (sockets are marked Power and DSL respectively)
- Plug the Power Supply into the nearest mains socket and make sure the socket is switched-on
- Plug the Broadband line cord into the DSL socket of the Broadband Microfilter
- Plug the microfilter into a telephone socket on your activated Broadband line
- Press the power switch on the back of the Voyager 2091. The Power light on the front will turn green.
- Wait until the DSL light on the front stops flashing and is solid green.
5. If the DSL light is OFF or keeps flashing, please check the following:
- Your Broadband line cord is connected at one end to the DSL socket of a microfilter and at the other end to the DSL socket in the back of your Voyager 2091.
- There are no other Broadband modems or routers connected to the line.
- You are using the Broadband Line Cord supplied with your Voyager 2091.
- If you are replacing an existing Broadband modem or router on your Broadband line, you might have to wait several minutes for the network to detect your new router. Leave the Voyager 2091 connected to the line and switched-on. After a while, the DSL light should be permanently solid green.
- Try using another microfilter.
- Disconnect every other telephony device from your line. If this solves the problem, reconnect them one by one to try and isolate the device that is causing the problem. Try using a different microfilter for this device.
- If none of the above works, please contact us.
6. Please note that the Ethernet, USB and Wireless may be used simultaneously to share your Internet connection, however presently there are NO compatible USB drivers for Windows Vista.
7. If you connect using the wireless connection you must install a compatible 802.11g or 802.11b wireless adapter on all the computers you want to connect to your wireless network.
If your wireless adapter is not provided by us, then please refer to the installation instructions provided with your wireless adapter. Once your wireless adapter is installed, use the tool provided with your wireless adapter to connect to the Voyager 2091 network. Please follow instructions provided with your adapter.
8. The two wireless settings to take into consideration are:
- Wireless Network Name (SSID). Default value = BTVOYAGER2091-xx (where xx is the last two digits of the BSSID printed on the label underneath the base). Use this if you need to identify your Voyager 2091 Wireless Network. For example, there might be several wireless devices in range and you want to make sure you are connecting to the correct one.
- Wireless Security. Enabled by default. Your Voyager 2091 supports advanced security with WEP, WPA, WPA2 or 802.1x. It is preset with wireless security, so it protects your data without further configuration. The default setting uses 128-bit WEP. Your Wireless Network Key can be found on the coloured label on the base of your 2019 wireless router.
9. You can connect a computer or games console equipped with an Ethernet network card to the Voyager 2091 Wireless Router using the yellow Ethernet cable provided in the box. This allows a computer or games console located near the Router to connect to Broadband without the need for a wireless adapter.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.