Uploading with WS FTP LE
Downloading WS_FTP LE
- WS_FTP LE can be downloaded from http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm
- Select Download the WS_FTP LE (version 5.08 - updated 3/00) version of WS_FTP, enter your email address in the email box, and click the Download Now button.
- After a few moments, the download box will automatically appear. Click on the Save button.
- The Save As window allows you to specify where on your hard drive you save the file, we recommend downloading to a temporary directory or to your desktop.
- Once you have selected the location you wish to save the file to, click on Save and the program will now begin downloading.
- Depending on the speed of your connection it could take anything up to 20 minutes.
- Once it has finished downloading you are ready to install it.
NOTE: WS_FTP LE is available for all Windows machines (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP)
Installing WS_FTP LE
- From the temporary folder or your desktop, double click on the WS_FTP file you have downloaded.
- The installation wizard will start.
- Follow the on screen instructions during the installation process.
Setting up WS_FTP LE to allow file transfers.
- Click Start, Programs, Ws_ftp then WS_FTP95 LE.
- When WS_FTP LE opens it should display the Session Properties Window. If not, click Connect.
- Click New.
- Within Profile Name enter Madasafish Webspace.
- Within Host Name/Address enter www.users.madasafish.com
- Within User ID enter your username (this must be in lowercase).
- Within Password enter your password (this is case sensitive).
- The Host Type should be set to Automatic detect.
- Account should be blank.
- Click on Startup.
- Within Initial Local Folder enter the path on your local machine where your HTML files are located. For example: C:My_webspaceHTMLfiles
Note: If you are unsure of you local path leave Initial Local Folder blank.
- Click Apply.
- Within Session Properties, click the drop-down arrow next
to Profile Name and select Madasafish Webspace.
- To upload files to your webspace, highlight the desired file(s) from your local drive and drag them to the required destination directory on the remote drive.
Note: By default, the local drive is your hard disk drive and is located on the left of the WS_FTP LE window. The remote drive is the webspace you have been allocated by Madasafish and is located on the right of the WS_FTP LE window.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.