Broadband minimum requirements
In order to get Madasafish Broadband service you require:
- A computer that meets our minimum requirements
- A non-cable phone line that meets our minimum requirements
- A credit or debit card for payment of your first bill - we accept Visa, Visa Delta, MasterCard and Switch/Maestro. Ongoing payments can be made by Direct Debit.
Computer minimum requirements
- If you have a Windows PC, it must be running Windows 2000, XP or Vista and have a minimum of a Pentium 350MHz processor or equivalent. It must have an available USB, Ethernet port or be wireless enabled depending on your choice of connection hardware.
- If you've got a Mac it must be an IMac G3, Powerbook G3 or above, running OSX 10.1 or above. Our free hardware comes with a USB and an Ethernet port. As a Mac user please use the Ethernet port when connecting to our services.
It's possible to connect a computer that does not meet these specifications but we will be unable to provide any technical help.
Phone line minimum requirements
You must have a valid contract for the use of a standard non-cable phone line (PSTN) or BT ISDN2/Highway for us to provide the service. If you rent your premises, the contract for the phone line must be with you and not your landlord.
In rare instances, due to the physical characteristics of your telephone line, Madasafish Broadband may NOT be available, even if the initial check indicates that the service is available.
Broadband is NOT compatible with the following BT services:
- PBX and AUX lines
- Subscriber Private Metering
- 30k Loop
- Private Circuits
- Red ABC
- Red Care
- FeatureNet services (FeatureLine)
- Meterpulse facility
If we find anything unusual on your phone line during the installation of Madasafish Broadband, we'll contact you to let you know. Broadband is not compatible with the CD50 Caller Display Unit.
It's possible that the installation of broadband may affect security, burglar or health alarm systems that use your phone line. You should check the compatibility of such systems by referring to your supplier before ordering Madasafish Broadband.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.