Internet security - Voyager 205
1. Configuration Manager admin password
Change your Voyager Configuration Manager password (default admin):
- Start your Internet browser and browse to http://192.168.1.1/ to open the configuration manager.
- Click Advanced | Security | Admin Password in the menu.
- If prompted, enter your Configuration Manager access password (factory default is admin for both user name and password)
- Enter and confirm the new 'admin' password.
- Click Apply to save your new settings.
2. Use sensible network security
- Set network passwords and change them regularly. See your computer's instructions.
- Use a good quality antivirus software to protect your computers. Update it regularly with latest virus upgrades.
- If you enable file sharing on your computer, you should not share your system files and should protect shared folders with a password. See your computers instructions for information on setting up file sharing.
- If carrying sensitive information (e.g. corporate environment), you should use VPN type (Virtual Private Network) technology to protect your data. Follow guidelines from your company's network administrator.
3. NAT Firewall
Most consumer Broadband services in the UK use NAT (Network Address Translation) to assign an address to your Broadband Modem. The Voyager 205 modem takes care of passing data through to the correct computer on your network. Only the NAT address is visible from the outside world and your computers are therefore protected against direct intrusion.
NAT is enabled by default in your Voyager Broadband modem and you should not have to change any settings to benefit from NAT.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.