Installing the D-Link DSL-300T
For information about connecting to your phone line, the microfilters and the Ethernet cable, see this document: Getting started with your D-Link DSL-300T Ethernet ADSL modem.
Before starting the setup process, ensure that the RJ-45 (Ethernet) cable is plugged in to your network interface. On some operating systems, it can take up to three minutes between plugging in the Ethernet cable and the computer responding to the modem. If the computer cannot find the modem, leave for a few minutes and try again. If this does not solve the problem, restart the computer with the modem plugged in and try again.
1. Open your web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 into the URL address box. Then press the Enter or Return key. The login page should appear.
Type admin for the Login Name and admin in the Password field. - if you have changed the login details enter the new details.
2. Once you have logged in, the Home screen will appear. Click the Setup tab to go to the Setup menu and configure the modem.
3. In the Setup menu, click the Connection button to go to the configuration menu for the Internet connection.
4. In the Connection menu, type your Broadband Uername and Password.
Ensure that Encapsulation is set to VC and Type is set to PPPoA.
Also ensure that VPI is set to 0 and VCI is set to 38.
Click the Apply button when you have entered all the information.
To save the changes made to Connection, click the Tools tab and follow the instructions in the next step.
5. You will now be able to connect however if you switch off your modem you will lose your settings. To keep your settings saved you will you go click on the Tools tab along the top. Click the System Commands button to view that menu. Click the Save All button in the System Commands menu. After a few seconds, the changes will be save. The modem will then automatically establish an Internet connection.
6. After a few more seconds you should connected.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.