Checking your settings - Outlook 2000
Start your Microsoft Outlook program. Then click on Tools and select Accounts...
A new window opens, click on the Mail tab.
- Highlight your Madasafish mail account (sometimes called mail.madasafish.com) and click on the Properties button on the right.
The Mail Account Properties window now displays, and by default the General tab is shown first.
Ensure that the Name and Email address boxes are entered correctly. If these are not filled in correctly, you may experience problems when receiving email.
- The Name field can contain anything you like as this is the display name that your recipients will see when you send them an email.
- The Email address field needs to contain your Madasafish email address, in lowercase.
- The Organization field is optional. You can use this to enter your company name, if applicable.
- The Reply address field is also optional. You only need to enter this if you want replies to your email to be routed to an alternative email address.
- Please tick the box Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing.
Click on the Servers tab.
Ensure that the Server Information has the correct information.
My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
- Incoming mail (POP3): mail.madasafish.com
- Outgoing mail (SMTP): mail.madasafish.com
Ensure that the Account name field contains your Madasafish username (the full email address) and the Password field contains the password you use to connect to Madasafish (this is case sensitive, and the username must be in lowercase).
- Ensure that Log on using Secure Password Authentication is NOT ticked.
- Ensure that My server requires Authentication is ticked.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.