Email virus protection
This FAQ contains answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our Anti Virus Filter.
- What does the Anti Virus Filter do?
- How will I know if an email has been quarantined?
- Who can use the Anti Virus Filter?
- Is the Anti Virus Filter as secure as commercial virus checking software?
- Is the Anti Virus Filter compatible with my computer?
- How do I release a quarantined email?
- Does the Anti Virus Filter scan incoming and outgoing mail?
- Can I opt out of the notification emails?
1. What does the Anti Virus Filter do?
Our Anti Virus Filter scans the messages sent to your Madasafish email addresses. If a virus is found, it will be quarantined before it ever reaches your inbox.
2. How will I know if an email has been quarantined?
When something is quarantined, we'll send an email to let you know.
3. Who can use the Anti Virus Filter?
All Madasafish accounts have access to the Anti Virus Filter.
4. Is the Anti Virus Filter as secure as commercial virus checking software?
We update the virus definitions regularly, so your email will always be protected from the latest threats. Unfortunately, it's never possible to guarantee viruses won't get through our scanners, so always be careful when dealing with unexpected attachments, especially if you don't know the sender.
You should also keep in mind that email isn't the only way that computer viruses spread, so it's still a good idea to install antivirus and firewall programs on your computer too.
5. Is the Anti Virus Filter compatible with my computer?
Yes. Email is scanned before it reaches your inbox, so it doesn't matter which operating system you use.
6. How do I release a quarantined email?
All you need to do is reply to the quarantine notice within 7 days of receiving it.
When we receive your reply we'll release the quarantined message and send it to your inbox.
If this doesn't work, it may be because your email program is not including the original message in your reply. In this case, copy and paste the text of the alert email into a new email and send it to - email@example.com
If you continue to have trouble, Contact Us and report the problem to our Support Team.
7. Does the Anti Virus Filter scan incoming and outgoing mail?
No, the Anti-Virus Filter only covers incoming email.
8. Can I opt out of the notification emails?
Yes. To opt in or out of notification mails, login to https://webmail.madasafish.com/ and click Settings.
From there, go to the Spam Filter tab and select the option you want from the Virus Notification section.
Has this page helped you solve your problem? Your feedback helps us to improve the help we provide.
Please note: We cannot reply to individual feedback through Rate My Page. If you need more help with a problem please use Contact Us.